Proper perspective

I know the final piece of art I’m after is a girl sitting on a motorcycle. It would be great if I could find a picture of a girl in the pose I want on the exact model of motorcycle that I like. But that’s not going to happen. Even better would be if I HAD the motorcycle of my choosing and a hot model to shoot photographs of. But that’s DEFINITELY not happening. So, I’m going to have to find the images of each separately, make sure the fit together (have the same perspective) then draw them together. In this case I think it will be easier to pick the motorcycle picture first then find an image of a girl to fit onto it.Align Center

Vector Girl on a motorcycle

For this design I chosen this slick contemporary motorcycle (all logos have been airbrushed off to protect the innocent.) What else can I say? It’s a fairly sweet looking motorcycle. I think it looks a bit more modern than a normal “hog”. I chose this particular photo because it shows off the bike itself. It was originally a shirt design for the manufacturer and I thought they would appreciate seeing the details of the motorcycle. Artistically I would have preferred to use something that had a fish-eye lens type of effect with the rear tire as the focal point. But the bike would be hard to recognize and trying to find a picture of a girl at that same perspective would be nearly impossible. This photo is a straight-on perspective shot with a typical 35mm lens. It shouldn’t be hard to find a picture of a girl that fits.